Friday, March 26, 2010

26 Mar 2010

Had some good sleep last night, woke up at 0615 feeling all good. The bus ride to town was exceptionally smooth that I actually arrived at 0835, settled down my usual seat and started reading last night's new posts off OCN. Lecture buddy showed up by 0855, quite late by her standards. Showed off the new server at work and got a good response.

The lecture itself was uneventful, since most content is directly carried over from MEDSCI202. (Someone stowed an apple under the lecturer's bench, hopefully not a copycat continuation of what I did yesterday) . Went to Queen street thereafter to the cinema. ow onto the movie "Alice in Wonderland"

First I have never had the chance to sit down and finish the book properly, last time I tried to read it the copy was ruined by some trisomic 21 kid (i.e. mentally retarded, literally). However I did receive enough spoilers from all kind of sources to figure out what is going on.

Plotline is predictable all along, well it is walt disney and what should you expect. Visual effect is pretty good, wish I could have watched in 3D. The main cast was disappointing, Alice is a detached feminist tomboyish late teen while Anne Hathaway's White Queen was more like a mechanical baboon coated in plaster of Paris. I was planning to finish watching the credits however thanks to the large bottle of vanilla coke I had to leave as soon as it appeared. Overall I could give it a 3.0/5.

The true highlight of the day is the arcade game at the cinema. It was mentioned in this week's Craccum and I had to give it a try. It was actually a good game. Downside: Right shoulder still hurts from the stress.

Afternoon lecture was either eventful, Peter is still doing a good job. Nonetheless the focus is the two BIOSCI tests tomorrow.

Oh and fresh figs after dinner, that does not always happen:)

Now that seemed like a lot but it was more of an exception, most days in my current life is boring, duh.