Tuesday, March 30, 2010

30 Mar 2010

Reflections from today:

1. Test went okay, however more of it was just luck. Studying efficiency can still be improved.

2. Try not to panic and watch your time, assumed the test was one hour and had one hell'a rush when the supervisor announced "five minutes left", four MCQs where also rushed through as a result, mind yourself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent the last two or three hours playing AoD as Germany in a vanilla N/N game, spent 36 to mid-38 whoring IC and the rest build up on troops, the new auto production control is so much better than the original, or any other mod that I have tried.

Ended up annexing Poland in 19 days, and by the start of November I was able to release puppet Scandinavia.

Verdict: Paradox can create good concept, however they screw up everything else. Yet they did write their own game engine but it is a pile of mess, the game already slows down in 37 and as far as I can see the "Ghost Fleet" issue is probably never getting sorted since it appears to be a bug hard-wired into some lower level naval algorithm. It took 3+ years to make HOI2 a game with acceptable OOBE and 7+ years for the good old Europa engine to reach its present state. By this trend I don't see myself playing HOI3 or any Clausewitz-based game till 2015 at the speed of 10min/month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in reality, I will have a full day studying microbiology tomorrow, test on Thursday and I planned to stay behind to finish my lab report and hand it in. Projects for the next two weeks:

1. Cleanup! This usually comes up in the end but I will move it forward for a change.
2. Install the watercooling loop, that involves grinding up a CPU WB bracket and possibly some other dangerous and exciting ops. Looking very much forward to it.
3. Sell the expendable things that has been piling up since the end of last year, why have I not done this earlier is beyond me now, at least I had some excuse.....
4. At work, still aim to have website online by mid-April, but not too much work that I ran out of time to do the stuff above.